My Picks Starcoins Spree Limited Stores Outfits Plaza Must Haves Tribute Stores Image Map New Reader? Click here. Home Page

be unique

                                                 •Be unique. Be creative. Be yourself•

Thursday 25 September 2014

Callie's Picks Issue No. 25 : Reddy For Fall

I'm wearing : Floral Embroidered Jkt, Callie's Picks/Archive | Haute Ciuture Black Lace Top, Royalty | Love Fighter Jeans, Nelly | Lucite Heel Boots, Subcouture | Burgundy Shoulderbag, Callie's Picks/Givenchy | For the jean lace patch I used : Lacey Tights, Mooxie Teenz | Studded Cuff, Fallen Angel ||

(First of, let me say that Stardoll should spend more time picking names of the collections. Reddy for Fall? Really? )
As you probably already know, it's a color themed collection. I don't mind wearing red, there are some beautiful shades of it, but I don't think a total red look is the best idea, let alone fourteen of them. I would prefer to see more colors in this collection to blend with the red.
The first thing I did when I saw the collection was to add the "Floral Embroidered Jkt" on my cart and buy it in a heartbeat. Usually these kind of jackets/cardigans can look outdated or mature, but this one is such a strong piece. The style and pattern work great together, and it literally looks good with anything underneath! The "Burgundy Shoulderbag" (originally from Givenchy Tribute) is a classic bag in a classic color and I think it's a great investment. I've already owned the "Burgundy Ruffle Blouse", also from Givenchy, and the truth is that I have barely worn it once or twice. However I still think it's a great addition to a wardrobe, I just haven't figured out the right way to style it yet. As for the dresses, I have mixed feelings. The "Sheer Dress" (originally from Sonia Rykel) is without doubt a stunning dress but it's way different from what I usually wear. I only bought it because of the sleeves, I'm seriously drooling over them, soooo beautiful. I thought that I could somehow hide the dress while still showing the sleeves but it didn't work out...The same goes for the "Longoria Dress". I wish it was two separated pieces. The shine and that (hideous) belt ruins it for me, but at the same time the slit and the neckline are very feminine and flattering. I had some spare stardollars so I decided to give it a chance, I wouldn't have bought it under different circumstances.




2 comments:

  1. You picked the best out of a horrible collection. Not too much stuff here to get excited about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This collection was absolutely terrible, I dislike just about everything. I agree, a completely color themed collection isn't a great idea; and it's obvious when you look at the store.

    ReplyDelete