My Picks Starcoins Spree Limited Stores Outfits Plaza Must Haves Tribute Stores Image Map New Reader? Click here. Home Page

be unique

                                                 •Be unique. Be creative. Be yourself•

Thursday 8 May 2014

Callie's Picks Issue No. 15 : Boho Chic & Young Hollywood MET Gala 2014


I can't believe we had fifteen Callie's Picks collections already. I'm always excited for Callie's Picks since no matter what the theme will be, you can always find some hidden treasures in there. This collection for instance, the theme is far away from my usual style, but I have found some stuff that I really liked. My picks are the :

Feather Shoulder Jumpsuit (17 stardollars), originally from Bonjour Bisou, a simple and elegant black jumpsuit with a v neck and silver shoulder details (are those supposed to be feathers?).
Leather Bag (11 stardollars), originally from Bonjour Bisou, it was one of the October 2010 Hot Buys and I believe that it was a wanted item. A brown leather bag is one of the pieces that can work with many outfits, for example with a suit and a pair of oxfords in an adrogynous look.
Faux Mink Shorts (14 stardollars), originally from Rio, a 2010 November Hot Buy. I wanted these for a long time but they were sold quite expensive in Starbazaar. Now that I finally have the chance to buy them for an almost reasonable price, I'm having second thoughs as I'm not sure how to style them. But either way they are pretty.

I'm wearing :
Feather Shoulder Jumpsuit (I think the word feather has been overused in this post :P), Callie's Picks/Bonjour Bisou
Black Deep V Top, Perfect Day
Raffia Sunhat, Millionaire Mansion Fashion *
Gianni White Gladiators, LE
Question Mark Bag, Evil Panda
Black Silver Buckle Belt, Voile *
*starcoins items

We also got a new Young Hollywood flash collection, inspired from some of the dresses worn in the MET Gala (click the picture to enlarge). The real versions were worn by Liu Wen, Naomi Campbell and Georgia May Jagger and you can see them in this post from MSW Inspired by blog. I was very disspointed with this collection. The left and right dresses looked so flat and poorly made. It would be better if they released it a few days later, than releasing this rushed collection. The Liu Gown was the best piece along with the Georgia May Heels. The design of the dress was very close to the real version but alas, they had to make it in this barbie pink color.

No comments:

Post a Comment