My Picks Starcoins Spree Limited Stores Outfits Plaza Must Haves Tribute Stores Image Map New Reader? Click here. Home Page

be unique

                                                 •Be unique. Be creative. Be yourself•

Sunday 23 November 2014

Subcouture New Collection

I'm wearing : Sequin Constellation Gown, Subcouture | Black Fray Short Coat, Callie's Picks | Lucite Heel Boots, Subcouture | Subcouture Chunky Necklace, Subcouture | Opaline Weebed Shawl, Other World | For the Necklace : Gold Bead Feathered Colar, Special Offer & Gold Accent Necklac, Voile * & Solid Gold Choker, Riviera ||
I look forward to Subcouture collections because I always find that one piece that I love and wear for months and months after the release,  like the "Death Metal Jacket" from the previous release. From all the limited stores it is definitely my favourite because, most importantly, I have the time to think and try on the clothes before buying (unlike the Limited edition madness) and secondly I can find some unique pieces, even though it's not so couture anymore.
I have mixed feelings for this collection. It's a lot more better than the last one (here) but it seems to lack the elegance of the first two releases (here and here) There are pieces I totally adore and others I can't stand looking at them (I'm talking about you, big puffy jacket! ). Once again there are a few red tartan pieces (Stardoll seems to love this more than bright pink lately) and some quite short skirts and dresses, and I wouldn't mind if the interior was gray again, that bright one is very distracting. On the other hand there are the two dresses I picked, the "Sequin Constellation Gown" and the "Tin Bows Dress", which are very elegant, luxury pieces. Many members compared the first one with the "Hot Rods Gown" from the second collection, but in my eyes there are no similarities except the color. It's a gown with excellent graphics and very detailed, an absolute must-have for me. As for the second one, I fell in love with the bottom part, I think that the mix of casual and evening wear is genius, however I'm not crazy of the top, especially of the beige dress underneath. I got the "Velvet Tank Top" mostly because I want to pair it with the "Blue Velvet Gown" from the latest voile release and the "Leather Cage Belt" as a layering piece. I loved the asymmetry of the "Fendi Inspired Sweater" and it's dark blue color, plus the puffy sleeves are the cutest.
As for the shoes and accessories, I must say that I am fairly dissapointed. The bags are very mediocre and some of the shoes are plain ugly ( e.g the "Moschino Inspired Boots" ). I'm still not sure if I like the "Subcouture Factory Heels", but for 12sd I decided to give them a chance. As for the "Subcouture Chunky Necklace" it's probably my favourite purchase, it's bold and big, and works well in different styles.
Wow, that post ended up very long..Sorry for that :P
P.S. My very first post for Stardoll Blog has been published, you can read it here!

1 comment: