My Picks Starcoins Spree Limited Stores Outfits Plaza Must Haves Tribute Stores Image Map New Reader? Click here. Home Page

be unique

                                                 •Be unique. Be creative. Be yourself•

Thursday 24 April 2014

Callie's Picks Issue No.14 : Punk Princess

This week's Callie's Picks was released earlier today and the theme is "Punk Princess". The store has two floors and the prices range from 4 to 30 stardollars and there are six starcoins items with their prices ranging from 62 to 168 starcoins.
The name might be a bit cheesy but the idea behind this issue is very catchy. I believe that mixing hard and soft pieces could result to a very interesting outfit! In Callie's words : "Don't be afraid to stand out ladies! Bring your edgy and girly extremes out in the same look, and dance like noone is watching."
It seems that with every release the store is getting better and better. This collection had a lot of amazing pieces, many Mortal Kiss items, old Hot Buys and some tributes (mostly Frankie Morello).
My picks are :
 "Amazing Breeze Skirt", originally sold at Tingeling in 2012 (same collection as the "Balcony Gate Jacket"). I had my eye on this one for a couple of months but it was quite expensive to buy in Starbazaar so I'm very happy to finally have a chance to buy it for 15 stardollars.
"Silk Tassle Band Jacket", originally sold at Bonjour Bisou, it was a Hot Buy from 2010 under the name of "Hot Buys Bisou Jacket". Correct me if I'm wrong but this is a very wanted item and I never saw it on bazaar from under 600 stardollars. It's a beautiful piece, with stunning details, slightly expensive but totally woth it.
"Metal Head One Piece", originally sold at Frankie Morello tribute in 2012. I adore the graphics on this one and I can use it a lot as a layering piece, like in the outfit below.
"Industrial Necklace", originally sold at Voile in around 2009-2010. In my eyes it looks more like very complicated collar clips than a necklace. It has many different elements and that makes it unique. It can be worn as a statement piece with a black shirt and pants or over a jacket.
"Flowy Feather Headdress", originally from Mortal Kiss. I already have this one and it's one of my favourites from my hat collection. It is difficult to style in a casual outfit, but it can complete a fantasy inspired or high fashion outfit very well.



I followed the theme of punk princess and created this outfit. I want to give credit to gd4e who came up with the idea of layering these two skirts. As you can see I used the studded bodysuit as shoulder pads but I already found many different ways to wear it, so you'll probably see it again in the future. I used the lace dress from the previous Callie's Picks collection as my romantic/soft piece to balance the harshness of the chains and spikes.

I'm wearing:
Silk Tassle Band Jacket, Callie's Picks/Bonjour Bisou
Amazing Breeze Skirt, Callie's Picks/Tingeling
Metal Head One Piece, Callie's Picks/Frankie Morello
Long Vestal Skirt, Other World
Short Bridal Dress, Callie's Picks/Anna Sui Tribute
Left and Right Chain Shoulder Pad, Archive
Stud Wrap Boots, Fallen Angel
Heavyweight Black Platforms, Fallen Angel *

* starcoins items

P.S. I'm sorry for this very long post! I applaud you for reading it to the end :)

No comments:

Post a Comment